Project Date: January – February 2021
Project Location: Virtual
Extended Application Deadline: 6th January 2021
About Glocal Hero International Incubation
The global situation this year has caused a huge impact on the whole International Volunteer Service (IVS) movement. With the global trend of conducting global interactions virtually, VolTra upgrade the flagship program “Glocal Hero Action” to an international level and invite volunteers around the world to join “Glocal Hero International Incubation Program”.
In this program, we would focus on incubating a social project initiated by young people to create an international social impact together! Hence, young people (18 – 29 years old) from different countries are welcome to join this amazing journey to team-up with international fellows and develop social project ideas together.
No matter you are experienced in organizing fund-raising or social projects, or you just want to have fun and know more friends from different countries, you are welcomed to join us in this virtual program! You would experience a serious Mission Challenge, Training Workshop, and Action Salon to develop the project idea with other international fellows in a step-by-step process.
By the end of the program, you would have a chance to showcase your project idea on an international fund-raising platform and present the idea to an experienced social innovator in the “Action For World” presentation.
Objectives of the training:
1. To facilitate personal growth, global exposure, and social awareness;
2. To interact with international participants and develop social project ideas;
3. To access the missions and conduct different challenges anywhere and any time-zone;
4. To team-up with participants from diverse nationalities;
5. To record and review one’s experience throughout the whole journey.
Venue & Time:
Total Duration: 4 weeks with self-time management to complete all tasks
Date: 13th of January – 8th of February 2021
1. GREAT member (if you are not a GREAT member, you can register yourself as a member here);
2. Age 18-29 years old;
3. Available to attend all events in the program (Kick-off Session, Design Thinking Workshop, Global Action Salon, and “Action for World” Presentation);
4. High motivation and interest in the topic;
5. Able to communicate in English;
6. Equip with a smartphone, laptop/computer, and stable internet access;
7. Open-minded, good teamwork, respect others, and willing to learn something new.
⇒ Applicants will pay a guarantee fee to GREAT, which will be returned to participants only when they completed all events at the end of the Glocal Hero International Incubation Program. The guarantee fee is IDR 500.000,- and to be paid at the latest on the 8th of January 2020, 23.59 WIB/GMT+7.
⇒ 50 participants who enroll via GREAT would be waived the program fee/will not pay the program fee.
⇒ At the end of the program, VolTra will provide Seed Funding (up to HKD 20,000) for outstanding projects in the “Action for World” presentation.
The program DOES NOT cover:
⇒ Virtual equipment (smartphone, laptop/computer, internet access), applicants will have to provide it.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The activity will be conducted entirely in English.
2. The guarantee fee to join Glocal Hero International Incubation Program is to be paid to GREAT at the latest 8th of January 2021, at 23.59 WIB/GMT+7.
3. The applicants must fill out an Online Application form here.
4. Deadline for application is extended to 6th of January 2021, at the latest 06.00 WIB/GMT+7
5. A shortlisted candidates will be contacted by GREAT for an interview on 6th of January 2021, from 12.00 – 16.00 WIB/GMT+7.
Stage 1: Glocal Hero Mission Challenge [13 Jan – 8 Feb 2021]
● Select the best timing according to your personal schedule and time zone to complete individual tasks;
● Submit the mission easily via an accessible mobile app called “Glocal Action” and social media platform;
● Team-up with international fellows to develop the project idea in a step-by-step process.
Stage 2: Kick-off Session [16 JAN 2021] ( 14:00-16:00 GMT+8)
● Kick-off session of the whole program, a chance to build networks with international fellows
● Introduce the program details and tips for “winning” the mission challenge
● A well-designed training about ways to reduce the friction of cooperating with the international team
Stage 3: Design Thinking Workshop [22 Jan 2021] (20:00-22:00 GMT+8) (TBC)
● The most important principle and thinking process to design your social project idea
Stage 4: Glocal Action Salon [27 Jan 2021] (20:00-22:00 GMT+8)
● Gain inspiration from experienced social innovator about tips of implementing impactful social projects
Stage 5: “Action For World” Presentation [6 Feb 2021] (14:00-16:30 GMT+8)
● The selected group would have the chance to present their social project to the judges and other fellows
● Voltra would provide Seed Funding (up to HKD 20,000) for outstanding projects in the presentation
Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +62 853-2955-2559