Application Deadline: 10th of March 2017
Program Duration: 7th – 16th of April 2017
Program Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About World Exchange: The “Our Energy” Youth Exchange
The “Our Energy” Youth Exchange is part of the Capacity Building project which includes 5 Youth Exchanges in 6 different countries. The project includes a training and an Evaluation activity for the staff of 6 partner organizations in collaboration in this project. Also, the activities will include demonstrations and practical sessions in a laboratory Solar Academy, debates, intercultural presentations and dinners, games and non formal education. Additionally, the World Exchange is a Capacity Building in the Field of Youth project funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission. The idea of the project is to set the capacitate NGOs to plan, implement and evaluate youth exchanges using the European model for youth from different countries and backgrounds.
Through this Youth Exchange we expect participants to acquire more knowledge about renewable energy, examples of large and small scale solutions, acquire basic knowledge about electricity, reflect on advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy and change the attitudes of participants towards their energy usage.
Venue and Time
Venue: NGO Science of Life Studies 24/7, Malaysia
Time: 7th – 16th April 2017
- GREAT members
- Age between 18-25 years old
- 4 participants ( 2 males 2 females )
- Holding active Indonesian passport, not less than 6 months before expiry date.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is preferable
- Interested in learning new cultures
- Knowledge about renewable energy
- Able to perform local cultures
- Commitment to disseminate the knowledge in GREAT members like in work camp as a camp leader, local event, enrichment, training, etc.
How to Apply
- Fill in the online application form here.
- Fill in the offline application form, download here.
Send it to [email protected] and [email protected] with subject “WORLD EXCHANGE MALAYSIA”
Application deadline : Friday, 10 March 2017 at 15:00 WIB (West Indonesian Time Zone).
Only shortlisted candidate will proceed selection to a further interview. We will announce the selected candidates for interview by email with a schedule in it.
Term of conditions
- English language will be entirely used during the program duration.
- Participant will pay participation fee IDR 1.800.000. The payment procedure will be discussed further after the announcement of successful candidates
- Guarantee fee IDR 1.000.000. The payment procedure will be discussed further after the announcement of successful candidate.
This amount of money will be returned to you after the project finished and report to GREAT is completed.
- Making a report to GREAT after the Youth Exchange
- Must attend Pre Departure Training full time on 4th – 5th April 2017 in GREAT Office, Semarang.
- Accept the program policy regarding with smoking and alcohol consumption: smoking and drinking alcohol are strictly not allowed on or near the premises. This includes returning to the premises after a night out and being under influence of any substance. Furthermore, SOLS volunteers and staff are to be a role model for their students with many of them coming from a very fragile background where alcoholism and drug abuse is very common. Therefore, SOLS efforts are focused on creating a positive living environment and safe space for them where they can learn good practices and attitudes where there is no space of consumption of any of those substances.
What youth exchange program covers
- Return flight ticket Indonesia-Malaysia (the organizer will manage it for you)
- Meals, accommodation and local transport during the program
- Project materials
- Meals and accommodation during Pre Departure Training
What youth exchange program doesn’t cover
- Personal medication
- Passport fee
- Local from your hometown to Semarang (the departure will be from Semarang)
- Personal expense during your journey
- Local transportation during the Pre Departure Training
Contact Info: Ben Pramudya: [email protected]