Legal Resources Centre in Gender Equality and Human Rights (LRC-KJHAM) is an NGO working on promotion of human rights and gender equality in Semarang, Central Java. It founded in 1999 and currently working on strengthening access and control of Marginal Women in Central Java for Law and Human Rights Resource; Feminism Participatory Action Research (FPAR); Women’s Right Impact Assessment (WRIA); and legal support for domestic violence and mentoring victim group.
Age ≥20 years old, Strong Motivation. Online interview will take place during the application process.
Supporting LRC-KJHAM in promoting human rights, especially women rights & gender equality through different methods, depends on volunteers’ skills and interest.
Volunteers are expected to have strong self-initiative and self-motivation to decide their own set of activities fit to their skills, interest, and experience. The staff LRC-KJHAM will supervise and volunteer decides in which division they can fit in. Some possible activities:
- Supportinformation technology (IT) division,
- Collect news on human rights related topic from newspaper,
- Support with the documentation
- Support with the public relation
- Work together with other LRC-KJHAM staff for FPAR in some regencies and rural areas. Volunteers might need to experience live-in in the community for some days;
- Share and support on Woman Rights Impact Assessment WRIA
- Support and join training and seminar held by LRC-KJHAM.
*Note: 25 to 40 hours/week. Sometimes the volunteers are needed to support LRC-KJHAM and/or GREAT to do other voluntary actions during the weekends.
Human Rights especially Women Rights & Gender issue in Indonesia.
To support LRC-KJHAM to advocate and become resource center for gender equality and human right to develop Human Right Strategy to get more access and control for marginal women.
GREAT Volunteer House & Office. Shared room, bathroom, and kitchen. Fridge and Wifi are available.
Start Date: 1st Tue/Wed every month. Except June
Duration: ≥2 months
Semarang, Central Java