Batu Loceng Sub-Village is part of Suntenjaya Village, Lembang Municipality, Bandung Regency. Most of the populations are living as coffee farmers, vegetables farmer, and dairy cow breeder. Batu Loceng village has beautiful natural scenery that became as a potential to become a tourism village. It has its own characteristic of nature, culture, traditional music and martial art. The aim of tourism village is to develop local potential such culture, local people, agriculture, environment, and local history. The participation of local people is the most important thing in developing the tourism village
Age ≥18 years old, strong motivation and interest in agriculture. Online interview will take place during the application process.
Supporting local youth association – Karang Taruna on youth empowerment program on education, language, culture, and environment. One group did workcamp in this project in 2016 was SVA Scotland from Glasgow University, which you can view it here
- To promote Batu Loceng as the sample of “towards EcoTourism Village”
- To prepare the youth and local people towards “EcoTourism Village”
- To raise the awareness of global education among local youth
- To increase the awareness of local people about their environment and learn organic farming
- To encourage local youth about preserving local culture
- To exchange culture between participants, local people, and local students.
Note: 25 to 40 hours/week. Sometimes the volunteers are needed during the weekend. Sometimes the volunteers are needed to support the local community and/or GREAT to do other voluntary action during the weekends.
Ecofarming. Sunda culture.
To support local community in Batu Loceng village
House of local people. Volunteers will share together sleeping space separately between females and males. No bed. Need sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom. Self cooking by the volunteers. Volunteers will make common rules & daily teams for their collective living group.
Start Date: 1st Tue/Wed every month. Except June
Duration: ≥2 months.
Bandung, West Java