Project Dates: 17-26 January 2020
Project Location: Malaysia
Application Deadline: 10th January 2020
About Youth in One World (YIOW)
YIOW or “Youth in One World – Cooperation Beyond Borders” is a project that will help young people and their organizations to develop sustainable community development projects. The participants will be coming from Germany, the Netherlands, Malaysia, and Indonesia. The cooperating organizations in this project are GREAT Indonesia, PeWoBe gGmbH in Frankfurt (Oder), SOLS 24/7 Malaysia, and Stichting Go Netherlands.
In addition, the chosen topic of this project is cooperation for development and sustainable development. Next, is about how young people can make a difference for development in their own community using entrepreneurship and their own initiative. Besides, the main focus lies on the young people themselves and their initiative. Also, the project wants to support the validation and recognition of non-formal learning and education.
About the Training Course YIOW
Community development plays a major role to help and aid the community to become successful in their life. It is a part of transformation and impactful to the community with the program managed by the government to boost with the involvement of youth workers. Hence, the Training Course on Community Development in Malaysia is pretty uncommon, especially for non-governmental organizations. Furthermore, the Erasmus+ project, YIOW based on the topic training course will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It will take ten (10) days duration for youth workers coming from the partner’s organizations involved in this project. Eventually, this YIOW training can be beneficial and helpful to increase productivity in the organization involved.
Moreover, through this Training Course, the participants will receive first-hand experiences and understanding of their role in community development in Malaysia. It will be hosted at SOLS 247’s premises, SOLS Headquarters at Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur. The activities will include community development, project design and management, visiting local project communities and also the impact and sustainable projects which focused on community development in rural and urban areas in Malaysia. Thus now GREAT Indonesia is looking for two youth volunteers to represent the organization in the training course.
Objectives of the program
1. Supporting the social inclusion and empowering young people, especially youngsters with fewer opportunities at the local community, to be more active in their local communities;
2. Creating and implementing youth exchanges;
3. Providing opportunities for the target groups personal growth, development of competences and skills also attitudes through youth participation;
4. Raising youngsters European awareness, promoting European values and getting youngsters more sensitive towards the actual global challenges;
5. Spreading information about European Solidarity Corps (ESC), Erasmus+ and other European opportunities among youngsters.
1. Active GREAT member, an activist of GO Cities is preferable.
2. Willing to engage in the activities of GREAT.
3. Be familiar with community development and project management
4. Holding an Indonesian passport, valid until July 2020 or later.
5. Age from 18 to 30 years old.
6. Motivated to actively participate in the training course on community development.
7. Have good English speaking skills.
8. To be easy to communicate with, flexible and responsible.
9. Motivated to learn and gain new experiences, also skills regarding the 8 key competencies of the YouthPass. It mostly refers to social and civic competence, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. Thus all expenses for the visa, insurance, accommodation, food, local transport during and for the project and international travel costs are fully covered.
The program does NOT cover:
1. Passport fee
2. Personal medication
3. Personal expenses
4. Guarantee fee (GREAT will return this fee to volunteers after they complete the project in Malaysia, send a report and finish all assignments on time)
5. Organizational support fee (for GREAT to support non-funded activities which are not related to any Erasmus+ programs; e.g organizational events, international networking, and promotional tools development)
Terms and Conditions:
1. Selected candidates must pay organizational support fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT before departure to Malaysia.
2. Selected candidates are ready to do assignments during and post-project that support GREAT activities.
Example of these assignments:
⇒ During project assignment (all obligatory):
√ Send pictures and videos of their departure and during projects regularly to the GREAT staff
√ Post, tag and mention GREAT social media when posting documentation related to this project
√ Communicate regularly with GREAT staff during the project
⇒ Post project assignment (obligatory):
√ Submit a report of participation at the latest 3 working days after arrival at Indonesia
√ Join GREAT Basic Training as participants for those who never joined yet.
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as a participant between January – April 2020
⇒ Post project assignment (choose at least 3 assignments in addition to all obligatory):
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as a participant between April -June 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as camp leader between Februari-April 2020, including must join Training for Camp Leader this year.
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT staffs January – May 2020
√ Be active in at least 5 months in a row of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities in Indonesia between January – June 2020.
3. Selected candidates must pay for guarantee fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT before departure to Malaysia.
4. The deadline for payment is to be confirmed.
5. Fully attend the Pre Departure Training series with GREAT including physical meeting training in Salatiga (dates to be confirmed).
1. Fill out the online application here at the latest on 10th of January 2019 at 15.00 WIB/GMT+7
2. Next, GREAT will contact only shortlisted candidates for interview.
Further infoMs. Nua Erwianisya (Outgoing Staff)
Email: [email protected]