Work Camp Dates: 20th – 29th January 2020
Work Camp Location: Batu Loceng, Bandung, Indonesia
Deadline: 27th December 2019
About Work Camp Exchange
Work Camp Exchange is an activity under the platform of World Exchange 2. World Exchange 2 is the second edition of World Exchange. It combines the concept of Youth Exchanges using non-formal learning with work camps in order to provide experimentation and exchange good practices among partners. Additionally, the core of the project is the cooperation between European and Asian organizations and youth workers. Also to provide participants a broader point of view on intercultural exchange. Moreover, the youngsters involved in the project will gain knowledge about how to organize and manage a youth exchange from different points of view. Thus, they will have the opportunity to put it in practice by organizing a youth exchange themselves.
The Work Camp Exchange Indonesia: Conserve The River, Preserve Your Future
The work camp exchange topic in Indonesia is “Conserve The River, Preserve Your Future”. By youth exchange methodology, we will have non-formal activities to exchange knowledge regarding ecological problems, also trash management in participants’ countries. Furthermore, to share their knowledge and contribution in local communities on how to reuse the cow dung to produce organic compost. Additionally, there will be a trash hike with society and experience an intercultural exchange. On the other hand, all the work camp exchangers will also have the chance to get our hands on the field in order to practically learning deeper into that topic.
The Work Camp Exchange Indonesia: Conserve The River, Preserve Your Future will involve volunteers from Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. The participants must come from the nationalities above and apply from one of the 4 sending organizations: CYA – Cambodia, G.R.E.A.T. – Indonesia, DaLaa – Thailand, and NVDA – Pacific Asia Network. GREAT Indonesia will send 4 volunteers to participate in this event.
1. Provide tools for a more sustainable way of living
2. Learn and put in practice the principles of nature preservation in each country involved
3. Provide tools and practical knowledge on how to protect rivers in places of intense agriculture
4. Raise awareness on the habits and practices that have more impact on the environment
5. Exchange good practices through national/cultural workshops
Venue and Time
Duration: 10 days
Venue: Batu Loceng, Bandung Barat, Indonesia
Dates: 20th – 29th January 2020
1. Firstly, o built a wastewater Treatment Installation in bio- construction
2. Next is to built a worms cage from wood. The aim of these workcamps is to reuse the cow dung to produce organic compost, in a manner that is useful and beneficial towards the environment by preserving the river.
3. The participants will also have the chance to plant trees and to do a trash hike with the society in Batu Loceng.
1. GREAT Member (if you are not GREAT member, you can register yourself as a member here)
2. Age 18 -30
3. Active participation in all the activities of the Work Camp Exchange
4. Able to work in a team and share private spaces
5. Interest in the topic and motivation to work in rural area and nature
6. Being able to adapt to a different culture and environment
7. Basic English knowledge
8. Commitment to writing an article/post after the project
9. Commitment to do the assignment plan, from during-post project
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. Accommodation, food, local transport during and for the project in Indonesia are fully covered.
The program does NOT cover
1. Personal medication
2. Personal expenses
3. Guarantee fee (GREAT will refund this to volunteers after they complete the project in Indonesia, submit a report and finish all assignments on time)
4. Organizational support fee (for GREAT to support non-funded activities which are not related to any Erasmus+ program; e.g organizational events, international networking, and promotional tools development)
Terms and Conditions:
1. Selected candidates must pay:
- Guarantee fee IDR 2.000.000 to GREAT
- Organizational Support fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT
2. The deadline for payment of Guarantee Fee is 4th-5thJanuary 2020 and the Organizational Support Fee is 10th January 2020.
3. Selected candidates are ready to do pre, during and post assignments of the project that supports GREAT activities.
4. Selected candidates agree to sign a legal agreement with GREAT carrying pre-during-post assignment of the project.
5. Next, fully attend the Pre Departure Training series with GREAT including 1-day physical meeting training (date and place to be confirmed).
6. Finally, the Youthpass certificate will be given at the end of the project.
The Assignments (related to point 4 above)
⇒ During project (all obligatory):
√ Send pictures and videos of their departure and during projects regularly to GREAT staff
√ Post, tag and mention GREAT social media when posting documentation related to this project
√ Communicate regularly with GREAT staff during the project
⇒ Post project (obligatory and optional):
√ Submit report of participation at the latest 3 working days after arrival at Indonesia
√ Join GREAT Basic Training as participants for those who never joined yet. Next Basic Training is March 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant between January – April 2020
Optional (choose at least 3 assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant between April -June 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as camp leader between April -July 2020, including must join Training for Camp Leader in April 2020
√ Support the promotional activities offline with GREAT staffs January – May 2020
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT staffs January – May 2020
√ Be active in at least 5 months in a row of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities in Indonesia between January – June 2020.
|Now – 27th of December at 23.59 WIB/GMT+7||1. Application is open.
2. Fill out the online Application form here.
3. Download and fill the table of Assingment plan here.
4. At the same time you submit the online application, send the table of assignments plans by email to [email protected]
With Subject: WE Indonesia_ Name
|2nd of January 2020||Shortlisted candidates interview.
GREAT will contact only shortlisted candidate for interview
|3rd of January 2020||Interview sessions|
|4th of January 2020||Announcement of selected Candidates|
|4th – 5th of January 2020||Deadline payment for Guarantee Fee|
|Date and place to be confirmed||Pre Departure Training for selected candidates
Deadline payment for Organizational Support Fee
|20th – 29th January 2020||Project||During assignment plans|
|29th of January 2020 – June 2020||Post assignment plans|
Ms. NuaErwianisya (Outgoing Staff)
Email: [email protected]