- Conflicts take place in different countries and areas for many seen and unseen reasons.
- Indonesia is a country with huge diveristy of ethnic groups and traditions including migrants who have been living for generations in this country, as well as of religions and faiths. People are always in risk of conflicts especially because of the fact that some of Indonesian politicians use this issue to get their own benefit for keeping their power especially when there is election. Therefore, living peace in diversity is always an important issue in Indonesia.
- In cooperation with Al-Ishlah Islamic foundation, GREAT’s local partner for almost 3 years now. It is an Islamic organization that concerns in peace and global education for all. The foundation provides shelters, middle and high schools for students with low economic background coming from any places in Indonesia.
Sharing about peace & peace education among volunteers and later making peace education workshops using non formal learning methods for local youth.
Volunteers will learn about Indonesia’s diversity and share about their countries’ diversity. Discuss about peace and how peace education should be communicated for youth. Volunteers will create workshops on peace education using non formal learning & participatory methods and share it with students of Al Ishlah school, students of local university.
Learning the philosophy of peace and reconciliation in the context of Al Ishlah School.
- To learn about peace education for volunteers
- To promote peace to local youth
In the school. Volunteers will share together sleeping space separately between females and males. No bed. Need sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom. Self cooking by the volunteers. Volunteers will make common rules, daily cooking team, cleaning team and washing team and any additional needs together for their collective living group.
Time: 18 – 31 July 2018.
Duration: 14 days.