UPGRIS is one private University in Semarang mostly received students from sub-urban and rural areas of Central Java Province. Two of its missions are (1) to create excellent leaders and (2) to develop and spread science, technology, culture, and art global insights and local wisdom combined. Enrolled by more than 1000 new students annually, LMTV program in UPGRIS shall support those two missions by addressing issues of:
- Sharing English to as many as students in UPGRIS as an international language in all aspects in life including Intercultural Learning, global knowledge, and as one of the tools in gaining global solidarity.
- Inspire UPGRIS students in doing more volunteering and social activities by joining as many as possible voluntary activities in the existing UPGRIS’ community service programs in the field of early age education, street children care, urban gardening, etc.
- To initiate leadership attitude by being highly motivated, positive thinking, self-determined, open minded, and creative towards all activities offered and not yet offered (to be offered by volunteers to UPGRIS).
Age ≥21 years old, strong motivation to interact with local youth/ students. Online interview will take place during the application process.
Interaction in English with University students as a method to promote IVS and global education.
When in UPGRIS:
- Assist English Classes with alternative subjects: Speaking, Cross Cultural Understanding, Global Knowledge, etc.
- Create and manage the English conversation club out of classes by inviting UPGRIS students. The purposes of this activity are: (1) to spread the IVS (International Voluntary Service) spirit among the college students especially in the field of Social Inclusion and (2) to have more relax and informal English conversation activities with interested students.
When in Community Service program of UPGRIS/ Students Club of UPGRIS:
- Share ideas do activities with UPGRIS’ assisted villages and assisted communities
- Organize voluntary service activities planned together with UPGRIS and /or the Student Club.
Note: 25 to 40 hours/week. Sometimes the volunteers are needed during the weekend. Sometimes the volunteers are needed to support the local community and/or GREAT to do other voluntary action during the weekends.
Non formal learning methods.
- To promote IVS and peace to students of UPGRIS.
- To encourage confident of the students of UPGRIS to interact in English with foreigners as part of global education.
Dormitory or boarding house, shared room, shared bathroom and kitchen.
Start Date: 1st Tue/Wed every month Period 1: Feb-Jun, Period 2: Sep-Dec
Duration: ≥2 months
Semarang, Central Java