Batu Loceng Sub-Village is part of Suntenjaya Village, Lembang Municipality, Bandung Regency. Most ofthe populations are living as coffee farmers, vegetables farmer, anddairy cow breeder. Batu Loceng village has beautiful natural scenery that became as a potential to become a tourism village. It has its own characteristic of nature, culture, traditional music and martial art. The aim of tourism village is to develop local potential such culture, local people, agriculture, environment, and local history. The participation of local people is the most important thing in developing the tourism village.
Supporting local youth association – Karang Taruna on youth empowerment program in education, language, culture, and environment.
A group from SVA Scotland, Glasgow University, did a workcamp in this project in 2016, which you can find here.
There are two activities, physical work (farming, helping garbage management, making compost and vermicompost, harvesting coffee (at certain time), and maintaining local library) and non-physical work (language class, organize an environment educational workshop, cooking class, art and storytelling class)
Organic farming, Composting, & local culture of Batuloceng.
- To increase the awareness of local people about their environment especially about organic farming
- To take care of the permaculture garden
- To help the river conservation project by making compost and vermicompost
- To support the local potential toward Ecotourism Village
- To raise the awareness of global education among local youth
- To exchange culture between participants, local people, and local students.
GREAT Volunteer House Bandung. Volunteers will share together sleeping space separately between females and males. No bed. Need sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom. Self cooking by the volunteers. Volunteers will make common rules & daily teams for their collective living group.
Time: 3-9 September 2018
Duration: 7 days