Long Middle Term Volunteering (LMTV) is international volunteering program where volunteers do their service in a project of 2-4 months (middle term) or more than 4 months (long term). LMTV is mostly dedicated to do voluntary service for the sustainability of a project by supporting and collaborating with local partners and/or local communities in planning, preparing, implementing and evaluating their activities. This activity is more of individual placement rather than in group. Sometimes there are 2 to 3 volunteers in one project.
LMTV projects give opportunity for volunteers to experience, to learn new things, to interact with local people and culture. It is also a chance for them to develop personal and social skills. Many of GREAT LMTV project sites are also work camp project sites. This is because GREAT acknowledges the important of combining both types of volunteering to be applied in one project site to achieve the goals of each IVS project.
- 18 years old or older (each project may require specific age limit, please read each project description below).
- Non Indonesian, holding valid passport and/or holding KITAS/KITAP (residency) status in Indonesia.
- Highly motivated, self-organized, self initiative, responsible and well-prepared.
- Keen on learning Indonesian language informally integrated with local community.
- Open minded, adaptable, ready to adjust to different culture and custom.
- Willing to have activities during the weekend.
Non Indonesian passport holders
1. Contact GREAT global partners enlisted in the following members directory:
2. Apply through one of those partners from the list above according to your nationality or resident country. Our partner will be your sending organization
KITAS/KITAP (resident status) holders.
1. Contact GREAT Incoming staff email for long/middle term volunteering: [email protected]
2. Send email of interest along with scan of your valid KITAS/KITAP.
|Project Name (Click project name for project description)||
|1||GREAT-LMTV01||Sayap Sehat Children Care||Pekalongan, Central Java||EDU||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June 2018|
|2||GREAT-LMTV02||Human Rights – KJHAM||Semarang, Central Java||SOCI||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June 2018|
|3||GREAT-LMTV03||Pekalongan Happy Children||Pekalongan, Central Java||KIDS, EDU||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June 2018|
|4||GREAT-LMTV04||Batuloceng Agriculture||Bandung, west Java||AGRI, ENVI EDU||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June 2018|
|5||GREAT-LMTV05||Active Participation and Education for All: UPGRIS||Semarang, Central Java||EDU, SOCI||First Tuesday/Wednesday Period 1: February-June Period 2: Sept-December|
|6||GREAT-LMTV06||Social Inclusion and Education for All: UDINUS||Semarang, Central Java||EDU, DISA||First Tuesday/Wednesday Period 1: February-June Period 2: Sept-December|
|7||GREAT-LMTV07||Young Guardian Club Borobudur Mentoring Program||Magelang, Central Java||HERI, EDU||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June & Dec 2018|
|8||GREAT-LMTV08||Al Ishlah Education for All||Semarang, Central Java||KIDS, EDU||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June 2018|
|9||GREAT-LMTV09||Mangrove for Java: Pekalongan||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, KIDS||First Tuesday/Wednesday every month except June 2018|
|10||GREAT-LMTV10||Pentagon Creative Learning||Bengkulu||EDU, SOCI||All year|