Duration: 4th – 13th of September 2017
Location: Semarang, Indonesia
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 22nd of August 2017
About World Exchange: The “Our Culture” Youth Exchange
“Our Culture” Youth Exchange is part of the Capacity Building project “World Exchange”. This exchange invites youth from Indonesia, Malaysia, and Cambodia to learn and share their culture. Each country will send 8 youths consist of 6 participants and 2 leaders. Through this Youth Exchange the participants will able to widen their horizon toward diversity, be proud of their culture, and to raise their tolerance as well as to respect each other. Participants will also get a chance to perform their cultural performance as well during the exchange, university visit and many other activities. Previous events youth exchange under World Exchange platform are listed here.
In this globalization era, youth tend to live with modern culture, popular lifestyle, and abandoning their local culture. The aim of this youth exchange is to bring back the issue of preserving our local culture and being proud of it. This exchange also provides as a platform for the participants to share their culture and learn to live harmoniously in diversity.
Venue and Time
Venue: Pusdiklat PMI Jawa Tengah, Semarang, Indonesia.
Address: Sambiroto, Tembalang, Semarang City, Central Java 50276
Time: 4th – 13th September 2017
1. GREAT member with valid membership status until 30 September 2017
2. Age between 18-25 years old
3. Six participants are selected based on gender balance (3 males 3 females)
4. Fluent in spoken and written English is preferable
5. Interested in learning new cultures
6. Able to perform local cultures
7. Commitment to disseminate the knowledge in GREAT members like in work camp as a camp leader, local event, enrichment, training, etc.
How to Apply (Please do fill both forms below)
Application deadline : Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 15:00 WIB (West Indonesian Time Zone).
Please be noted that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further interview. The selected candidates for interview will be announced by email enclosed with the schedule for interview.
Term of conditions
1. The activity will be conducted entirely in English
2. Participant fee is IDR 750.000 for GREAT member, IDR 850.000 for non member.
The payment procedure will be discussed further after the announcement of successful candidates.
3. Making a report to GREAT after the Youth Exchange.
4. Guarantee fee IDR 250.000. This amount of money will be given back to you after the project finished and make essay / press release to GREAT.
The payment procedure will be discussed further after the announcement of successful candidate.
5. Fully attend the Preparation Training on 2nd – 3rd September 2017 in GREAT Office, Semarang.
What youth exchange program covers
1. Transportation from GREAT Office to the venue
2. Meals, accommodation and local transport during the program
3. Project materials
4. Meals and accommodation during Pre Departure Training
What youth exchange program doesn’t cover
1. Personal medication
2. Local transportation from your hometown to GREAT Office
3. Personal expense during the program
Ben Pramudya at +62 856 4007 9633 (WA) / +62 813 1803 6960 (call & SMS) / [email protected]