Project Dates: 23rd – 29th September 2019
Project Location: Odisha, India
Extended Deadline: 23rd August 2019
Application Deadline: 17th August 2019
About Study Visit
GREAT is calling for 3 Indonesian participants to participate in the Study Visit of Inclusive Adventure Education: From Theory to Practices. It is an ERASMUS+ Programme – Key Action 2 – Capacity Building in The Field of Youth. The main aim of the project is to develop capacities of partner’s organizations (GREAT Indonesia) to apply inclusive adventure education at their work with young people with fewer opportunities. Next is to to foster empowerment of young people through applying the methods and techniques of adventure education. Another aim is to facilitate their social and emotional development.
The inclusive adventure education has positive effects on interpersonal relationships, personal growth/challenge, self-awareness, and change in relationships with others, level of satisfaction, and social/socialization abilities. Also, through the project activities, the partners will increase their understanding of inclusive adventure education and they will develop their competencies to deliver activities based on it.
The study visit will provide the participants deeper insight into the concept of inclusive adventure education. Additionally, the participants will get to know the theoretical background, key elements of the concept. They will take part in adventure based activities. Besides exploring the concept of adventure education, the participants will focus on raising their competencies to work with young people with fewer opportunities and increasing their knowledge of Erasmus Programme.
Objectives of the study visit
1. To develop capacities of partner’s organizations to apply inclusive adventure education at their work with young people with fewer opportunities and through applying the methods and techniques of adventure education to foster empowerment of young people and facilitate their social and emotional development.
2. Develop abilities of the partners to deliver activities based on inclusive adventure education aiming to increase competencies and foster empowerment of young people with fewer opportunities.
3. Raise awareness of local communities of the partners on the importance and benefits of adventure education; new training modules for youth workers interested to use inclusive adventure education at their work.
4. To share the result of the series of local workshops and events done by alumni Erasmus Inclusive Adventure Education Trainings in Bulgaria and Turkey.
Venue and Time
Duration: 7 days
Venue: Odisha, India
Dates: 23rd – 29th September 2019
1. Active GREAT member, activist of GO Cities
2. Age 18+
3. Hold a valid Passport
4. Youth workers/active youth leaders
5. Interested in: Inclusive adventure education, non-formal education for youth, and intercultural exchange
6. Fluent in spoken and written English is preferable.
7. Open minded, good teamwork,respect others and willing to learn something new.
8. Preferable to have participated at least one of below events:
a. Erasmus Inclusive Adventure Education Training in Bulgaria, 5 – 11 March 2019
b. Training for Campleader in Pekalongan, 18 – 21 April 2019
c. Erasmus Inclusive Adventure Education Training in Turkey, 4 – 10 May 2019
d. Ifthar Party & Workshop GOSAL in IAIN Salatiga, 19 May 2019
e. Pekalongan Happy Children International Workcamp 17 – 30 July 2019
f. Batuloceng Adventure Agriculture Mini Workcamp in Bandung, 26 – 28 July 2019
g. English Camp Peacephoria in Semarang, 27 – 28 July 2019
h. Festival Cheng Ho – Sampokong Mini Workcamp in Semarang, 1 – 5 August 2019
i. Art & Culture Mini Workcamp in Tulungagung, 9 – 11 August 2019
The program covers
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. Thus all expenses for visa and insurance (reimburse after you join the project), accommodation, food, local transport during and for project in India and international travel costs are fully covered.
The program does NOT cover:
1. Guarantee fee (GREAT will refund this amount of money to volunteers after they complete the project in India, submit report and finish all assignments on ontime.
2. Organizational support fee (for GREAT to support non funded activities which are not related to any Erasmus+ programmes; e.g organizational events, international networking and promotional tools development).
3. Personal medication
4. Passport fee
5. Personal expenses during transit and project
Terms and Conditions:
1. The program applies reimbursement system for all fees paid prior to study visit arrival.
2. The activity will be conducted entirely in English.
3. Selected participants must pay for Organizational support fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT when selected upon selection announcement.
4. Selected participant must pay for Guarantee Fee IDR 1.000.000. This amount of money will be given back to you after the project dissemination finished and make report to GREAT.
5. Deadline of payment of both Guarantee and Organizational Support Fee is 48 hrs upon Announcement of Successful candidates on 21st August
6. Selected candidates are ready to do pre, during and post assignments of the project that supports GREAT activities
7. Selected candidates agree to sign legal agreement with GREAT carrying pre-during-post assignment of the project
8. Selected candidates must Fully attend the Pre Departure Training at GREAT office in Semarang on September (date to be confirmed)
The Assignments (related to point 5 above):
⇒ Pre project (choose two or more assignments in addition to the obligatory): Between 15 August – 20 September 2019:
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT Staff
√ Support poster making of GREAT Activities promotion with GREAT Staff
√ Be active in local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities. Check out the GO Cities here
⇒During project (all obligatory):
√ Send pictures and video/ footage of their departure and during projects regularly to GREAT staff
√ Post, tag and mention GREAT social media when posting documentation related to this project
√ Communicate regulary with GREAT staff during the project
⇒ Post project (obligatory and optional):
√ Submit report of participation at the latest 3 working days after arrived in Indonesia
√ Join GREAT Basic Training as participants for those who never joined yet. Next Basic Training is March 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant between January – May 2020
Optional (choose at least 3 assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant between June – August 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as camp leader between July – September 2020 including Training for Camp Leader in April 2020
√ Support the promotional activities offline with GREAT staffs
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT staffs
√ Be active in at least 4 months in a row of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities in Indonesia after Portugal between October 2019 – April 2020.
1. Fill in application form here. At the latest 23rd August 2019, at 24.00 WIB
2. Candidates will be contacted by GREAT Staff for interview arrangement on 19th of August 2019.
3. Interview will be conducted only for short listed candidates on Tuesday 20th August 2019.
Ms. Nua Erwianisya (Outgoing & Membership Staff)
Email: [email protected]