Work Camp Dates: 7th – 21st September 2019
Work Camp Location: Branca, Portugal
Application Deadline: 26th June 2019
About Work Camp Exchange
Work Camp Exchange is an activity under the platform of World Exchange 2. The World Exchange 2 is the second edition of World Exchange. It combines the concept of Youth Exchanges using non-formal learning with work camps in order to provide experimentation and exchange good practices among partners. In addition, the core of the project is the cooperation between European and Asian organisations and youth workers. Also to provide participants a broader point of view on the intercultural exchange. Moreover, the youngsters involved in the project will gain knowledge about how to organize and manage a youth exchange from different point of views. Thus, they will have the opportunity to put it in practice by organizing a youth exchange themselves.
The Work Camp Exchange Portugal: Grow Your Future
The Work Camp Exchange Portugal: Grow Your Future will involve volunteers from Italy, Portugal, France, Estonia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand and Hong Kong. Additionally, the participants must come from the nationalities above and apply from one of the 8 sending organizations: Associazione di Promozione Sociale KORA – Italy, IDC – France, Quinta das Relvas – Portugal, Seiklejate Vennaskond – Estonia, CYA – Cambodia, G.R.E.A.T. – Indonesia, DaLaa – Thailand, and NVDA – Pacific Asia Network. GREAT Indonesia will send 4 volunteers to participate in this event.
1. Provide tools for a more sustainable way of living
2. Learn and put in practice the principles of permaculture
3. Raise awareness on the habits and practices that have more impact on the environment
4. Exchange good practices through national/cultural workshops
Venue and Time
Duration: 14 days
Venue: Branca, Portugal
Dates: 7th – 21st September 2019
1. GREAT Member (if you are not GREAT member, you can register yourself as a member here).
2. Age 21 -30
3. Active participation in all the activities of the work camp Exchange
4. Able to work in a team and share private spaces
5. High motivation and interest on the topic
6. Basic English knowledge
7. Commitment to write an article/post after the project
8. Commitment to participate in a dissemination event after the project
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. Thus all expenses for visa and insurance, accommodation, food, local transport during and for project in Portugal and international travel costs are fully covered. Please be noted, some expenses will be reimbursed after you complete the project, such as for visa and insurance.
The program does NOT cover:
1. Passport fee
2. Personal medication
3. Personal expenses
4. Guarantee fee (GREAT will refund this to volunteers after they complete the project in Portugal, submit report and finish all assignments on time)
5. Organizational support fee (for GREAT to support non funded activities which are not related to any Erasmus+ program; e.g organizational events, international networking and promotional tools development)
Terms and Conditions:
1. Selected candidates must pay:
• Guarantee fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT
• Organizational Support fee IDR 2.000.000 to GREAT
2. Deadline of payment of both Guarantee and Organizational Support Fee is 48 hrs upon Announcement of Successful candidates on 29th of June 2019.
3. Selected candidates are ready to do pre, during and post assignments of the project that supports GREAT activities.
4. Selected candidates agree to sign legal agreement with GREAT carrying pre-during-post assignment of the project.
5. Fully attend the Pre Departure Training series with GREAT including physical meeting training in Semarang 2 days on the second week of August 2019.
The Assignments (related to point 4 above):
⇒ Pre project (choose two or more assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT Staff
√ Support poster making of GREAT Activities promotion with GREAT Staff
√ Be active in local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities for 2 months in July – August 2019. Check out the GO Cities here
⇒ During project (all obligatory):
√ Send pictures and videos of their departure and during projects regularly to GREAT staff
√ Post, tag and mention GREAT social media when posting documentation related to this project
√ Communicate regularly with GREAT staff during the project
⇒ Post project (obligatory and optional):
√ Submit report of participation at the latest 3 working days after arrived in Indonesia
√ Join GREAT Basic Training as participants for those who never joined yet. Next Basic Training is March 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant between January – May 2020
Optional (choose at least 3 assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant between June – August 2020
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as camp leader between July – September 2020 including Training for Camp Leader in April 2020
√ Support the promotional activities offline with GREAT staffs
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT staffs
√ Be active in at least 4 months in a row of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities in Indonesia after Portugal between October 2019 – April 2020.
|Now – 26th of June at 22.00 WIB/GMT+7||Application is open.
Fill out the online application form at the bottom part of this page.
|27th of June 2019||Shortlisted candidates interview.
GREAT will contact only shortlisted candidate for interview.
|28th of June 2019||Interview sessions.|
|29th of June 2019||Announcement of successful Candidates.
Payment of Guarantee Fee and Organizational Support Fee.
Ms. NuaErwianisya (Outgoing Staff)
Email: [email protected]