Project Duration: 27 May- 21 June 2019
Project Location: Ba Vi, Vietnam
Application Deadline: 11 May 2019
Dream&Do School is one of the very first educational organization in Vietnam with mission of connection. The school’s educational philosophies is aimed at strengthening connection between human and nature, human and human, and human with themselves. In addition, Dream&Do has conducted many outdoor, skill-building, nature oriented, and social-oriented educational programs for kids from 5-14 years old. Moreover, the programs are mainly about Kid Survival, Survival Camp, Travel & Learn. In this summer 2019, Dream&Do is launching a new summer camp for students from 9-14 years old, named Vietnam International Peace Camp. It aims at equipping the kid students with understanding of global issues and 21st century skills for peace.
Facilitate outdoor/indoor activities: e.g. group discussion, presentation of students for topics related to: international culture, peace, skills programs follow Dream&Do.
You are not limited to DUTIES
1. Serving as a positive role model for youth.
2. Using knowledge and experience to your own activities to develop the method.
3. Inspire students to become change makers & peace builder.
4. Running a variety of small and large group activities from/for students, encouraging students, participation, and providing information to students regarding the activities; assisting in maintaining program and attendance records incident reports.
5. Dealing with problems and emergency situations which shouldn’t arise.
6. Attending meetings scheduled throughout the programs.
7. Taking responsibility for the safety of students and reporting any issues or problems to the Camp Director.
8. Performing other duties.
Venue and Time
Duration: 30 days
Venue: Ba Vi, Vietnam
Dates: 27th May – 21st June 2019
1. Active GREAT member, activist of GO Cities.
2. Had experience with Training Camp Leader and Camp Leader of GREAT work camp.
3. Be older than 18 (date from April 1st, 2019).
4. Hold a valid passport (valid at least until December 2019)
5. Be advanced in English.
6. Be available to attend three camps in June and one week training camp starts before the first camp start.
7. Strongly interested in working with kids and understanding of children and teenagers psychological treats.
8. Passion for enriching educational experiences and innovating.
9. Be enthusiastic, positive, active, creative, responsible, organized, outgoing personality and love to work with children and teenager.
10. Experience in managing group of minimum 10 people.
11. Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to work as part of a team.
12. Have the ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and to think and act creatively on the go.
13. Have international experiences: study abroad, attend international exchange programs.
14. Commit to work throughout the duration of the program.
15. Committed to disseminate the plan assignment during-post in Indonesia.
Period of camps to lead
- Camp 1: June 3rd to June 7th
- Camp 2: June 10th to June 14th
- Camp 3: June 17th to June 21st
- Please note that selected candidate must attend one week training, starts before the first camp start
The program covers
1. Meals, accommodation and transportation during camping time.
2. Volunteers will be hosted by local staff Dream&Do when out of the camping time.
3. Round-trip international flight ticket to Vietnam.
4. Great opportunities to influence and inspire students in Vietnam.
5. Engage in various activities and exchange cultures.
6. Enjoy the moments with other mentor and Vietnamese students.
The program does NOT cover
1. Sending fee which consists of inscription fee and guarantee fee.
2. Personal medication.
3. Passport fee.
4. Personal expenses during transit and project.
5. Accident and health insurance.
6. Personal transportation in the program.
7. Visa application (if needed).
1. The program applies reimbursement system for all fees paid prior to camp arrival.
2. The activity will be conducted entirely in English.
3. Selected participants must pay for organizational support fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT when selected upon selection announcement.
4. Selected participants are ready to do pre, during and post assignments of the project that supports GREAT activities.
Example of these assignments:
⇒ During project (all obligatory):
√ Send pictures and videos of departure and during projects regularly to GREAT staff
√ Post, tag and mention GREAT social media when posting documentation related to this project
√ Communicate regularly with GREAT staff during the project
⇒ Post project (choose at least 3 assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Doing internship 2 months upon arrival in Indonesia after the project, in GREAT Office in Semarang or Volunteer House in Pekalongan or in Bandung to support organizational activities in Indonesia (obligatory).
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as participant
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as camp leader
√ Support the promotional activities offline with GREAT staffs
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT staffs
√ Join one international or bilateral work camp as camp leader in year 2020(obligatory).
√ Be active in at least 3 months of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities upon arrival in Indonesia after Vietnam (obligatory).
5. Selected participant must pay for Guarantee Fee IDR 1.000.000. This amount of money will be returned to you after the project dissemination finished and make report to GREAT.
6. Deadlines of payment is to be confirmed.
7. Selected candidates must fully attend the Pre Departure Training at GREAT office in Semarang (dates to be confirmed).
1. Download and fill in application form here.
2. Make a CV (curriculum vitae)
3. Make a short introduction video of yourself in about 3-5 minutes.
4. Send all: application, CV, and video to [email protected] and CC to [email protected] at the latest on 11thof May 2019 at 10.00 WIB (GMT+7)
Use the subject: Application DREAM&DO_Full name.
5. Interview will be conducted only for short listed candidates.
6. GREAT will contact the candidates for interview arrangement on 13th of May 2019.
Ms. Nua Erwianisya (Outgoing Staff)
Email: [email protected]