Project Duration: 12 months
Project Location: Germany
Application Deadline: 12th April 2019
About Youth in One World
“Youth in One World – Cooperation beyond Borders” is a project that will help young people and their organizations to develop sustainable community development projects. The participants will be coming from Germany, Netherlands, Malaysia and Indonesia. The cooperating organizations in this project are GREAT Indonesia, PeWoBe gGmbH in Frankfurt (Oder), SOLS 24/7 Malaysia, and Stichting Go Netherlands.
In addition, the chosen topic of this project is cooperation for development and sustainable development. Next, is about how young people can make a difference for development in their own community using entrepreneurship and their own initiative. Besides, the main focus lies on the young people themselves and their initiative. Also the project wants to support the validation and recognition of non-formal learning and education.
Furthermore, different activities will be implemented on local and international level during the project. It is to build the capacities of the organizations and their communities for active youth participation in community development. EVS volunteering year is part of the project phases. Thus now GREAT Indonesia is looking for one youth volunteer to carry out a one year EVS term in Frankfurt (Oder) Germany, hosted by PeWoBe gGmbH in Frankfurt (Oder).
About PeWobe and EVS term in Germany
PeWoBe gGmbH in Frankfurt (Oder) is a non-profit organization based in Frankfurt (Oder). It has years of experience in collaborating with sending and hosting organizations in the field of youth work. The main aim of your EVS term is to enhance young people’s participation, their inclusion, also engagement in civil society by involving them in local cultural activities and non-formal learning programs. In addition, the programs are run with and for young people, including those with fewer opportunities. Also, during the EVS term the volunteers will focus on learning the differences in the society regarding this work field.
Objectives of the program
1. Supporting the social inclusion and empowering young people, especially youngsters with fewer opportunities at the local community, to be more active in their local communities;
2. Creating and implementing youth exchanges;
3. Providing opportunities for the target groups personal growth, development of competences and skills also attitudes through youth participation;
4. Raising youngsters European awareness, promoting European values and getting youngsters more sensitive towards the actual global challenges;
5. Spreading information about European Solidarity Corps (ESC), Erasmus+ and other European opportunities among youngsters.
1. Active GREAT member, activist of GO Cities is preferable.
2. Willing to engage in the activities of GREAT.
3. Be familiar with project cycle management.
4. Holding Indonesian passport, valid until March 2021 or later.
5. Age from 18 to 30 years old.
6. Motivated to work on the topic of EU citizenship, healthy lifestyle, intercultural community, and youth opportunities also promoting volunteerism.
7. Have good English speaking skills (in the office and during the projects we speak English).
8. Be ready to work in office and have a basic knowledge of MC Office tools.
9. Motivated to learn German culture and language.
10. Motivated to learn and gain new experiences, also skills regarding to the 8 key competences of the YouthPass. It mostly refers on social and civic competence, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression.
11. To be easy to communicate with, flexible and responsible.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. Thus all expenses for visa, insurance, accommodation, food, local transport during and for project in Germany and international travel costs are fully covered.
The program does NOT cover:
1. Passport fee
2. Personal medication
3. Personal expenses
4. Guarantee fee (GREAT will return this amount of money to volunteers after they complete the project in Germany, send report and finish all assignments on ontime.)
5. Organizational support fee (for GREAT to support non funded activities which are not related to any Erasmus+ programmes; e.g organizational events, international networking and promotional tools development)
Terms and Conditions:
1. Selected candidates must pay organizational support fee IDR 2.000.000 to GREAT before departure to Germany.
2. Selected candidates are ready to do pre, during and post assignments of the project that supports GREAT activities.
Example of these assignments:
⇒ Pre project (choose at least 3 assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Doing internship 2 months between April – July 2019 in GREAT Office to learn deeper about project cycle management (obligatory)
√ Join one international or bilateral workcamp as participant
√ Join one international or bilateral workcamp as campleader
√ Support the promotional activities offline with GREAT staffs
√ Support the promotional activities online with GREAT staffs
√ Be active in at least 3 months of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities
⇒ During project (all obligatory):
√ Send pictures and vidoes of their departure and during projects regularly to GREAT staff
√ Post, tag and mention GREAT social media when posting documentation related to this project
√ Communicate regularly with GREAT staff during the project especially for the development of new volunteering project in Germany with PeWoBe.
⇒ Post project (choose at least 1 assignments in addition to the obligatory):
√ Doing internship 2 months upon arrival in Indonesia after the project, in GREAT Office in Semarang or Volunteer House in Pekalogan or in Bandung to support organizational activities in Indonesia (obligatory).
√ Join one international or bilateral workcamp as campleader in year 2020.
√ Be active in at least 3 months of local volunteering activities in their closest GO Cities upon arrival in Indonesia after Germany.
3. Selected candidates must pay for guarantee fee IDR 1.000.000 to GREAT before departure to Germany.
4. Deadline of payment is to be confirmed.
5. Fully attend the Pre Departure Training series with GREAT including physical meeting training in Semarang (dates to be confirmed).
1. Fill in online application here at the latest on 12th of April 2019 at 15.00 WIB/GMT+7
2. Next, GREAT will contact only shortlisted candidates for interview.
Further infoMs. Nua Erwianisya (Outgoing Staff)
Email: [email protected]