Training Duration: 18th – 21st of April 2019
Training Location: Pekalongan, Central Java
Application Deadline: 10th of April 2019
Background of Training Camp Leaders 2019
Gerakan Kerelawanan Internasional (GREAT) mission is to provide opportunity for youth by empowering them to develop their unique skills and become agents of change for world peace. Each year, GREAT organizes work camps to create international friendship among participants and to involve local communities. Moreover, there is at least one camp leader to manage and lead work camps, from pre, during and post activities.
A work camp is a place where every GREAT Camp Leader can learn, share and realize their potentials among participants. Also, this is an event where they can contribute to local communities and local partners’ program. While doing so, they will get the chance to improve skills set, from soft skills (personal, interpersonal, social skills) to hard skills (language, writing, project cycle management, audio visuals, etc) at the same time.
Therefore, this year, GREAT will conduct the 4th training for GREAT Camp Leader to be able to contribute more in a work camp; also, to improve their own skills through summer work camps 2019 and more work camps beyond.
The participants to be ready, also be prepared to act as GREAT Camp Leaders for upcoming GREAT work camps.
1. To cultivate non-formal learning methods.
2. To comprehend how a work camp is organized.
3. To assist participants developing their own skills set in benefit for the work camp organization.
4. To encourage participant digging more of their potentials.
5. To accommodate existing camp leaders to refresh and improve their skills as well as sharing it with new ones.
1. Participants experience the non-formal learning methods.
2. Participants comprehend how a work camp is organized from pre, during and post activities.
3. Participants are able to develop their own skills set as camp leaders.
4. Participants gain confidence and are prepared and ready to lead work camps.
5. Participants are able to refresh and improve their skills as well as sharing it with new ones.
Venue and Time
Days/Time: Thursday – Sunday, 18th – 21st of April 2019
Venue: GREAT Volunteers House
Address: Kraton Lor, Pekalongan
1. GREAT member.
2. Preferably has participated in at least one work camp and/or Basic Training of GREAT.
3. Confident and good in English.
4. Highly motivated and initiative-taking when they work in a team and/or as individual.
5. Open minded, respect others and care about environment.
6. Having an interest or basic skill in writing/photography/movie making.
7. Willing to be camp leader for Summer Camp 2019, Bilateral Camp 2019 and Spring Camp 2020.
8. Committed to fully attend the duration of the training (GREAT will support you with permission letter for college/work).
9. Committed to lead work camps full time where they will be deployed.
Check out our work camp timetable and vacant CL position below:
(X = not available for CL application | CL: number of CLs needed in the camp)
Vacant CL Position
|1||GREAT-STV1902||Peace Camp: Women Rights Issues||Semarang, Central Java||EDU||19 Jun – 02 Jul||X|
|2||GREAT-STV1903||Mangrove for Java||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||20 Jun – 03 Jul||X|
|3||GREAT-STV1904||Batuloceng Agriculture 1||Bandung, West Java||AGRI, EDU, SOCI||16 – 29 Jul||1 CL|
|4||GREAT-STV1906||Pekalongan Happy Children 2||Pekalongan, Central Java||KIDS, EDU, SOCI||17 – 30 Jul||1 CL|
|5||GREAT-STV1907||Art & Culture Camp||Tulungagung, East Java||ART, CULT, SOCI||29 Jul – 11 Aug||X|
|6||GREAT-STV1908||Batuloceng Agriculture 2||Bandung, West Java||AGRI, EDU, SOCI||9 – 22 Aug||X|
|7||GREAT-STV1909||Heritage Soci Camp – Sangiran||Solo, Central Java||HERI, EDU, SOCI||11 – 23 Aug||X|
|8||GREAT-STV1910||Musuk Inclusive Camp||Solo, Central Java||DISA, EDU, SOCI||19 – 31 Aug||X|
|9||GREAT-STV1911||Citarum River Conservation||Bandung, West Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||30 Aug – 12 Sep||1 CL|
|10||GREAT-STV1912||Blora Literacy||Blora, Central Java||KIDS, EDU, SOCI||30 Aug – 12 Sep||2 CL|
|11||GREAT-STV1913||Heritage Soci Camp – Sampokong||Semarang, Central Java||HERI, EDU, SOCI||25 Jul – 06 Aug||2 CL|
|12||GREAT-BWC SCC 2||Mangrove NICE||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||26 Apr – 04 May||1 CL|
|13||GREAT-BWC SCC 3||Mangrove NICE||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||31 May – 13 Jun||1 CL|
|14||GREAT-BWC SCC 5||Mangrove NICE||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||12 – 25 Jul||1 CL|
|15||GREAT-BWC SCC 6||Mangrove NICE||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||02 – 15 Aug||1 CL|
|16||GREAT-BWC SCC 7||Mangrove NICE||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||23 Aug – 5 Sep||1 CL|
|17||GREAT-BWC SCC 8||Mangrove NICE||Pekalongan, Central Java||ENVI, EDU, SOCI||13 – 26 Sep||1 CL|
Application procedure and deadline
⇒ Choose the work camp/camps that you are interested in leading (think of your time availability, topic of interest, location)
⇒ Fill out online application form here.
⇒ Deadline of application: Wednesday, 10th of April 2019 at 23.59 WIB/GMT+7
⇒ GREAT will only contact shortlisted candidates for further interview.
⇒ This training is free of participation fee.
⇒ GREAT will cover basic accommodation, meal, snack and training materials during training sessions.
⇒ Participants will bear their own transport.
⇒ Detail of the training is sent only to selected participants.