Project Duration: May – October 2019
Project Location: France, Indonesia, Italy
Application Deadline: 21st March 2019
Background of Voluntube World Project
The visibility problem is crucial for youth organizations that must adapt their strategy to the new generation of volunteers and their communication behaviors which are more sensitive to video content rather than long narrative presentations. Despite all the great activities that every organization carries out, very often we have the feeling that we don’t manage to communicate properly nor provide the visibility that these activities would deserve. This is due to two main reasons: lack of budget to invest in marketing and lack of knowledge inside of the organizations.
This is where the idea of VolunTube comes from. Designing a project funded by the Erasmus+ program which involves professional video-makers and marketing consultants able to strengthen the capacities and the knowledge both of the NGOs and the volunteers that collaborate and work with them.
To do so we believe that it is an added value to offer the possibility to discover the world to all the youngsters involved and to spread their knowledge at the same time. Therefore, three different continents will involve in the project: Europe, Asia and South America. The International Partners in this project are: IDC – Initiative et Developpement Citoyen; Associazione Kora; NPO Anazitites Theatrou; Quinta das Relvas; CYA Cambodia; GREAT Indonesia; Brigada Voluntarios Bolivaniaros del Peru; Corporación Pryectando Imaginarios.
⇒ Strength the knowledge and capacities of youngsters and NGOs in video-making and online communication strategies
⇒ Produce 8 videos for every NGO according to their needs and target groups
⇒ Produce about 16 blog entries during the 2 months EVS for each
⇒ Promote volunteering as an enriching activity
⇒ Promote the Erasmus+ programme and its opportunities
How does it work
Volunteers are required to participate in each phase of the project, they are:
⇒ Phase 1: Participation in the training (May 21-June 4, France).
First of all is this training which focuses on video-making techniques and online communication strategies.
⇒ Phase 2: Preparation phase in sending country (5-30 June, Indonesia)
Next, volunteers to start exercising and producing videos during the training with the help of the trainers and right after the training with the sending association during the preparation phase.
⇒ Phase 3: Volunteering abroad (1 July – 30 August, Italy)
Later in July, the volunteers will leave to the hosting country (Indonesians to Italy) to produce 8 videos and 16 blog entries according to the strategies that will be defined during the training.
⇒ Phase 4: Wrapping up – reports, last chores, etc. (1-30 September, Indonesia)
Then, once they return to their country they will finalize the work and produce reports.
⇒ Phase 5: Final evaluation (October, Italy)
Furthermore in October, in Italy, they must attend the final evaluation with all the volunteers, partners and trainers.
⇒ Finally, after all project phases above, volunteers must complete Post Project phase with GREAT, by conducting local disseminations. The aim is volunteers will contribute more visibility for GO Cities and GREAT using new skills from Voluntube World. You must write clearly in our application form on the Post Project section. Tips: be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time Bound)
1. Must be active GREAT member (Camp leaders, Peer Volunteer, activist of GO Cities, is a plus)
2. Age 18 – 30
3. Hold valid Indonesian passport until April 2020 or later
4. Committed to do local dissemination with and for GREAT when the project term is completed
5. Commitment to the project idea
6. Commitment to each phase of the planned involvement of volunteers
7. High motivation and interest for the topic
8. Computer literate (no need for previous video editing experience)
9. Interest in the themes of volunteering, communication, journalism, photography, cultural diversity
10. Intermediate knowledge of English (mandatory)
11. Previous experience in photography and video shooting and editing (is a plus)
12. Able to work in a team and share private spaces
13. Open-minded and easy going
14. Positive attitude and proactivity
The project covers:
⇒ Visa Application Fees
⇒ Round trip flight ticket
⇒ Travel Insurance
⇒ Accommodation and meals
⇒ Project material and video making equipment. The volunteers do not need to have any camera.
The project does not cover:
⇒ Personal medication
⇒ Passport fee
⇒ Personal expenses during transit and project
⇒ Guarantee Fee (This amount of money will be given back to you when you have completed every activity from pre assignment to post project dissemination)
⇒ Organizational support fee (for GREAT to support non funded activities which are not related to any Erasmus+ programmes; e.g organizational events, international networking and promotional tools development)
Terms and Conditions:
1. The program applies reimbursement system for all fees paid prior to their arrival.
2. The activity will be conducted entirely in English.
3. Agree to pay guarantee fee IDR 1.000.000 upon announcement of selected candidates.
4. Agree to pay organizational support fee IDR 1,500,000 upon announcement of selected candidates (if you are an active GREAT member, you can get less organizational contribution fee)
5. Selected candidates must fully attend the Pre Departure Training at GREAT office in Semarang (dates to be confirmed). For reasons, we could conduct online PDT.
How to apply:
You must fill out two forms:
1. GREAT Indonesia Form, download here.
Fill it out and send it to us: [email protected] and Cc to [email protected] with the subject: Application Voluntube World 2019.
2. Voluntube World Online Form, find at the bottom part of Voluntube page here.
3. Deadline for both forms: 21st of March 2019 at 23.59 WIB/GMT+7
⇒ Only those who send us both application forms above will be considered in the selection process.
⇒ Only the selected volunteers will be contacted again for a Skype and the final stage of selection.
Tips: The motivation letter matters
Ms. Metta Dian
Email: [email protected]